Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deactivation of iCloud Photos

Hey there! Maybe someone can help me here.

I just chose to deactivate the sync of my iPhone's photos with iCloud, since the storage was full. It says that I have to make sure I have a copy because they will be deleted in 30 days. I wanted to know if they will be deleted just from iCloud, or if from the app Photos on my iMac too!

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:20 PM

It won't delete them from your Mac but you will want to be certain that you had Optimize Storage turned on that you download the full size originals. See the information below from Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 11, 2016 4:20 PM in response to xulserv

It won't delete them from your Mac but you will want to be certain that you had Optimize Storage turned on that you download the full size originals. See the information below from Get help with your iCloud Photo Library - Apple Support

If you have Optimize Storage turned on, you might not have all of your original photos and videos on your device. To download the original photos and videos on your iOS device, go to Settings > iCloud > Photos and select Download and Keep Originals. On your Mac, open Photos, choose Photos > Preferences, then select Download Originals to this Mac. Then you can turn iCloud Photo Library off. You can also select the photos and videos that you want to download from iCloud.com.

Deactivation of iCloud Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.