Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked out of old Apple ID in iTunes Store

I have an old Apple ID that I rarely use any longer, but I do have money credits under this ID in the iTunes store that I'd like to use up. I tried to log in under this ID yesterday, but didn't remember my password. After trying a few incorrect passwords, I was locked out. I now have the correct password (looked it up in my Keychain), but Apple insists on having me verify the email address that is connected to this ID before allowing me to login. The problem is that the email account no longer works as MSN eliminated many of its old "hotmail" accounts, including mine. I have no way of retrieving the verification code Apple is sending.

Is there some way of telling Apple to text this code to me or send it to a different e-mail address than the one that is on this particular Apple ID? I'd hate to lose the $50 or so that I have in store credit under this Apple ID just because I temporarily forgot the password.

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:45 PM

There are no replies.

Locked out of old Apple ID in iTunes Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.