Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new pages user :) i've seletced the arrow shape, made it exactly right for my needs, can I now save it as a template shape for easy future use please? THanks!

Brand new pages user 🙂 i've seletced the arrow shape, made it exactly right for my needs, can I now save it as a template shape for easy future use please? Thanks!

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 3:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:21 AM

Hi PAYGPI,

A Pages document with some arrows. With an arrow selected, Format Panel (on the right) Arrange Tab > Stay on Page. Then you can move it around the page.

User uploaded file

Menu > File > Save as Template.

In Template Chooser, rename it. I used the name Arrows Clip Art. It will appear in Template Chooser > My Templates.

User uploaded file

To rename or delete any custom template (in My Templates) right click or control click on that template:

User uploaded file

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 8:21 AM in response to PayAsYouGoPropertyInvesting

Hi PAYGPI,

A Pages document with some arrows. With an arrow selected, Format Panel (on the right) Arrange Tab > Stay on Page. Then you can move it around the page.

User uploaded file

Menu > File > Save as Template.

In Template Chooser, rename it. I used the name Arrows Clip Art. It will appear in Template Chooser > My Templates.

User uploaded file

To rename or delete any custom template (in My Templates) right click or control click on that template:

User uploaded file

Please call back with questions.

Regards,

Ian.

Feb 12, 2016 4:12 AM in response to PayAsYouGoPropertyInvesting

You can select that shape in Pages v5.6.1 and press command+C to copy it to the clipboard. If it is a composite shape, select all components, and then from the Arrange tab, select group. Now you can perform the first sentence.

Launch Preview (Launchpad : Preview), and press command+N to open that shape from the clipboard. You will now have the shape on a transparent background. Export it in your favorite, mainstream image format (e.g. png, tiff, jpeg, pdf, etc.) and save it in a new folder (Pages) in your Pictures folder. You can now drag/drop that image into future pages documents.

Or, you can maintain a Pages template document strictly for these vector images, and open that separately to copy/paste images into your main document.

Pages '09 v4.3 allows one to add images and clipart to its Media browser, where one can see them all as thumbnails. Unfortunately, this capability was not added to Pages v5.

Brand new pages user :) i've seletced the arrow shape, made it exactly right for my needs, can I now save it as a template shape for easy future use please? THanks!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.