Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 17" 2008 , Since I had install El capital, I am facing freezing issue and Booting issue.

I went to all shortcut given by Apple to find out the problem diagnostic el Capitan unfortunately D is not working at all I cant do Diagnostic

Shift not working I tried many times by holding down shortcut given by apple but non of them works and my system keeps going to booting stage and freezes in middle of booting some times going trough up to login but there will freeze again.

I have check my SSD drive I format and install again test with other machine worked well. I tried many times to do Diagnostic test by holding down the D but is not going to there. I went to single user mode I saw this but as I am not very familiar about technical stuff cant find out the issue. If any one out there can help me I will very appropriate.

Dforce the boot device to be the internal hard drive
Xforce boot into Mac OS X (older Macs that dual-boot into OS 9 and X)
Nboot from Network drive
shifthold after power-up to boot into safe mode, hold after login to prevent startup items from opening
command-Sboot into single user mode; type exit when done
command-option-P-Rreset PRAM
command-option-Vverbose boot; show the Unixy text goodness at boot time
optionchoose startup disk at boot time
command-.when startup disk chooser is active, open the CD tray

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

diagnostic el capitan

MacBook Pro (17-inch 2.4 GHz), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:10 PM

1 reply

MacBook Pro 17" 2008 , Since I had install El capital, I am facing freezing issue and Booting issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.