Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My phone keeps asking me to update iTunes payment method, when I try to do it, it has a error that says payment declined. But I'm not trying to purchase anything I'm trying to download a free app. Pls help

My phone keeps asking me to update iTunes payment method, when I try to do it, it has a error that says payment declined. But I'm not trying to purchase anything I'm trying to download a free app. Pls help

iPhone 5, iOS 9

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:02 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 10:35 PM in response to brookefromaustralia

Try logging into your account, not when trying to download something (e.g. tap on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and then tap 'view apple id' on the popup), and see if you get the 'none' option so that you can remove the card, if you do you should then be able to download updates to your apps (when you have a card on your account it has to be a valid card that is accepted by iTunes) : Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.