Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get iMessage to automatically accept incoming files transfers?

Ever since the change from iChat to iMessage, the auto accept. applescript no longer works as it used to for automatically downloading files transfers received in chats. I'm currently on El Capitan 10.11.3 on my mid 2012 Macbook Pro and this has been vexing me for quite some time now. I figured someone in the community might be able to help me out. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated because having to click on every single incoming file to download is way too time consuming and extremely annoying. Thanks so much in advance.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2016 11:31 AM

Hi,

For me and judging by some posts most are finding the AppleScript items do not work in total.

I have not found a cure.

User uploaded file

7:15 pm Friday; February 12, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Mavericks 10.9)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad
11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2016 11:31 AM in response to MizVix

Hi,

For me and judging by some posts most are finding the AppleScript items do not work in total.

I have not found a cure.

User uploaded file

7:15 pm Friday; February 12, 2016

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Feb 12, 2016 1:56 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Unfortunately, I found the same negative results too. No one seems to have a resolution. It's frustrating to have to click on every file sent through iMessages to download, especially when sent multiple ones at a time. That's a feature I do miss dearly. 😟 Thanks for replying and letting me know it's probably a done deal. You're the one that usually has the resolutions. 😉

Feb 14, 2016 2:04 PM in response to MizVix

Hi,

The Original Poster can award Solved (Green ticks and borders) to a Response that as it suggests solves or provides the answer.

This gives the person that posted that response 10 points.

Helpful ones get 5 points.

You can award One Solved and 2 Helpful ones to any post in "your" Thread.

If you discover the answer elsewhere you can post that and "award" yourself with the "Solved" so that other people now that is the answer.

However you don't get points for this.

User uploaded file

10:04 pm Sunday; February 14, 2016

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Feb 14, 2016 2:31 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Cool, it's like a reward system for those who help us novices with our computer problems. 😉 I would have just given you some more User uploaded filepoints, but it wouldn't let me. You're very kind and generous to even take the time to explain the point system to me. Thanks again for your time and helpful advice.

Have a good one, cheers.

MizVic

Feb 15, 2016 11:03 AM in response to MizVix

Hi,

That is exactly what it is.

If you award a Helpful and then a Solved to the same Post then only the Solved will show.

This might explain why you cannot award another helpful right now.

User uploaded file

7:03 pm Monday; February 15, 2016

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Feb 15, 2016 1:17 PM in response to Ralph-Johns-UK

Now I get it. I'm happy I was able to reward you because I've only come to this forum to ask maybe 3 questions and I believe you were always 1 of the first to reply with either a resolution or a helpful answer. I don't frequent this forum much, except when I have a problem, because I'm not very tech savvy at all. Your replies are always helpful and/or the correct resolution. I may not have awarded any points in the past or possibly awarded the wrong person. I have to go back to check and see if I did so correctly because you definitely deserve your points for your help.

Thanks again Ralph, hope your having a great day! 🙂

MizVic

How can I get iMessage to automatically accept incoming files transfers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.