Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Flash App Needs 32-bit JVM Java

Sit down for a long story of all the specs, or skip to the end for a summary...

I'm trying to create an app using Flash. I work in flash all the time, I'm very familiar with action script and am capable of learning any new tricks I'll need in AS3 to code what I want for now. Before I go too far in any one project however, I need to test it. Thats what I do with all my games/animations. So obviously before I get to far coding I need to make sure it functions properly on device. The process of getting the .p12 file and MobileProvisions was a challenge in itself. Contacting support by email did me nothing. thats why I'm asking for help here. I've seen posts with similar goals to what I need. My app test is so close to being put on my iPad for debugging! But upon the final publish it halts saying your current Java does not support 32-bit JVM. I can not select the 32 bit option in Java preferences. The option in nonexistent. As it the option to change safari to 32 bit mode. I am running on system 10.11.3. I do not know what or how or if its possible to run the 32-bit java. Here is one more important detail, the Adobe Air Flash program I use is not the latest. I got it free from my father who is a computer teacher. It is the last one before the adobe monthly payment plan started up. (I think, It's CS5, 11.5) I am willing to upgrade if that will solve my problem.

Summary: older Adobe Air Flash needs me to use 32-bit JVM Java to test my App. I'm running the newest Mac OS witch ether doesn't allow 32-bit Java or has the option very well hidden as it is not in the regular places. (safari info, Java preferences)

OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Adobe Flash CS5 11.5

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 4:38 PM

There are no replies.

Flash App Needs 32-bit JVM Java

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.