Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create an envelope on Pages

How do I create an envelope for a letter I just completed? Spacing between lines is a problem. The box that appears when I try to type in an address. The formatting etc. on the right side are confusing. My experience prior to buying this IMAC is Windows.

iMac

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:55 PM

I just launched Pages and chose a regular envelope. In the window, I simply highlighted the shown address and typed in another:

User uploaded file

I did not change the font/size on the right - you do not need to unless you want to.

2 replies

Feb 12, 2016 3:18 AM in response to gpfromer

These envelope templates just use simple Text boxes, and the spacing within them is controlled from the Format Text : Spacing section of the right panel in Pages v5.6.1. You will have to scroll the right panel up to see the Spacing section. When you click on the word ▸ Spacing, it will expand you show you the spacing controls. From the Pages v5.6.1 View menu, select Show Invisibles. You can change this to Hide Invisibles when you are done below.

Place your pointer behind Urna Semper. You will see that the After Paragraph value is set to 6 pt. You can set this to 0 pt to close that gap between Urna Semper and the rest of the return address.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Create an envelope on Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.