Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No "GO"menu to Library to fix system preferences

\\Most system preference fixes suggest a "go" menu well I don't have one late 2013

. So where is the .plst file located to remove?

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:59 AM

In the Finder, press the Shift, Command, and G keys, and provide ~/Library/ as the path.

(139444)

3 replies

Feb 12, 2016 9:11 AM in response to Duane

Thanx for the help when I looked as the preferences were acting up I saw MENU -View- Window… I did shift command G at one point and saw it after I implied the help question then went back to the Finder, (There it was) 'GO, Don't know if I just missed it or it was there all along. Tho I haven't tested system preferences extremely, I first disconnected a LG monitor on HDMI off the thunderbolt 2 I have in-between everything. I tried a few items in system preferences b4 actually throwing away the apple.com….plist file suggested to rebuild system preferences via apple reboot. Leaving the thunderbolt 2 as it was less the external HDMI monitor and everything seems normal even 64 gigs of usb info that was beach balling I was waiting to incorporate a program I had just installed. This is a brand new OS install to a wiped hard drive. and seemed ok b4 connecting the thunderbolt 2 to another monitor via HDMI cable. No beach balling now and usb drive incorporated the program via thunderbolt 2 without a hitch. Seems ok for now thanks.

No "GO"menu to Library to fix system preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.