Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to print, little rectangular boxes where typed info was put in?

I am able to type in information on a form, but when I print, the information I typed in prints with little rectangular boxes. I had some PDF forms sent to me email and when printed they also came out with the little rectangular boxes. This has only been happening recently. Anybody have an answer? Thank you.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 5:45 PM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:04 AM in response to rmsar

Hi rmsar,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like information you type into PDF forms come out with rectangular boxes when printed.

I'd recommend the troubleshooting suggestion in the following Recommended reply: strange boxes showing up in PDF print and normal printing

The solution in this thread has the steps to restore standard fonts, which is a good step to try first for this situation. You can find more information about this troubleshooting step in Font Book (El Capitan): Restore standard fonts.

Best Regards.

Feb 13, 2016 6:04 AM in response to rmsar

Hi rmsar,

Thank you for contributing to the Apple Support Communities.

It looks like information you type into PDF forms come out with rectangular boxes when printed.

I'd recommend the troubleshooting suggestion in the following Recommended reply: strange boxes showing up in PDF print and normal printing

The solution in this thread has the steps to restore standard fonts, which is a good step to try first for this situation. You can find more information about this troubleshooting step in Font Book (El Capitan): Restore standard fonts.

Best Regards.

Trying to print, little rectangular boxes where typed info was put in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.