Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when will apple have an f1.8 camera so we don't have to adjust the exposure which cannot correct the natural exposure of a camera with bigger aperture?

The cameras new on iPhone 6s/6s Plus comes with a f2.2 aperture. When I looked at photos with f1.8 cameras, the difference is too great for software to correct the photo. The reason being is that you cannot correct what is not captured, which is details capture with more light. If it is possible, can someone show me have it can be corrected in 1 step because if we have to keep editing each unexposed photo, it will be difficult.

Other than that, the iPhone camera is very good. Or rather the processor is very fast and I like the 60 fps video and slow mo.

I know this is only something that Apple can do because it is a hardware thingy. But the competition is having f1.8 all over the place and there are actual physical benefits to it and the difference in the exposure is great to be missed out.

Hope that there will be some hint or answer, this in actually only playing catch up.

Cheers!

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 7:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 8:21 PM in response to xcavity

Since this is a user to user forum, and since the TOU prohibits us from speculating about what Apple may or may not do, there won't be a hint or an answer. You can send your idea to Apple here: Apple - Feedback. They don't respond to feedback, but they do read it, so it would be worth your while to send your feedback in to them.

Best of luck,

GB

when will apple have an f1.8 camera so we don't have to adjust the exposure which cannot correct the natural exposure of a camera with bigger aperture?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.