Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Pro not connecting via WiFi to my ATT router.

I have a brand new Mac Pro trash can but I am unable to get it to connect to my ATT wireless router. My phone, laptop and TV do but not my main computer. Oddly enough, I AM able to connect via WiFi to the Mac Pro from my laptop. Any suggestions?

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:31 PM

6 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:04 PM in response to mwatters525

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Feb 16, 2016 7:50 PM in response to mwatters525

Setting up again with the (Assist me) > (Assistant) setup "wizard" asks you few questions, inspects your Hardware, and sets meaningful defaults.

Creating a new, named "Location" in the process, allows you to walk away from any previous settings that may have been made, accidentally or on purpose, and store all the new settings together in a basket of settings that can be applied "all at once" by invoking that "location". Especially if you have a different basket of settings in a different you apply from time-to-time, (e.g., Home vs Work) this allows creating all new settings for a completely different setup quickly and easily, and allows switching back and forth with ease just by choosing the different "location".

New Mac Pro not connecting via WiFi to my ATT router.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.