Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new iphone won't connect to itunes

I previously had a Samsung Android phone. I upgraded to the iPhone 6S Plus and want to connect it to iTunes. I have music and pictures on my iMac and when I plug my iPhone in, it doesn't pop up in iTunes. I have an iPhone 4 before the Android phone and have an old backup on my iTunes I would like to sync with my new phone. My new phone connects and pops up in iPhoto, so I don't know why it won't in iTunes. Can anyone help me figure out why this is happening?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:12 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 9:50 PM in response to BrendaJD

BrendaJD wrote:

... My new phone connects and pops up in iPhoto ...

The fact that you mention iPhoto is a bad sign, as iPhoto has not been Apple's primary photo app for about a year. At that time, Photos replaced iPhoto as the primary app.

iTunes must be quite current to interface with iOS 9. The current version of iTunes is 12.3.2. But installing that version of iTunes requires at least OS X 10.8.5. Do you have an older version of OS X than that? I suspect you do.

Current OS X is El Capitan (10.11.3). Depending on how old your Mac is, you should upgrade if you can.

Upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support

my new iphone won't connect to itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.