Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to sign out of a iCloud

I just recently got around to creating my own apple id and getting off of a shared account, and on my iphone i want to sign out of the old iCloud, but where it says 'sign out' it also says to delete the account. Will this really delete the old account?? Or will it just delete the account off of my phone?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 6:52 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 8:05 PM in response to jackielvj

It just deletes the iCloud information from the device. It has no effect on the iCloud account itself. As LACAllen indicated, when you proceed with the sign out, you will have the option to keep the Contacts on the device, and then when you sign in with the new iCloud account, you have the option to merge them into that one. But Photo Stream, iCloud Notes, Calendar entries, etc. will go away since they belong to the iCloud account you are signing out.

But have no fear - it will not affect the actual iCloud account itself in any way.

Best of luck,

GB

how to sign out of a iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.