Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No stereo output with M-Audio AV32

So, I recently purchased M-Audio's AV32 monitors through a Roland DUo-Capture EX for use with Logic Pro X. I have not been able to get stereo sound when using the monitors. After having inquired Roland support, and following the directions provided (which I will post the email from the support rep following this message), I can only get one speaker at a time. I'm pretty new to this and wonder if anyone has a clue as to what I can try next? Thank you.

Email from Roland support:

Set the DIRECT MONITOR switch on the back to MONO and then test.
- If audio is still coming out of only the left speaker, then swap the left and right output cables connected to the DUO-CAPTURE EX'S outputs. If audio is then still only coming out of the left speaker, then there is an issue either the audio cable physically connected to the right speaker or there is an issue with the right speaker itself (such as the speaker's own volume is down or it's not connected correctly).
- If after setting the DIRECT MONITOR switch to MONO audio DOES come out of both left and right speakers, then the issue is due to panning or routing within Logic Pro. At that point, set the DIRECT MONITOR switch to STEREO and troubleshoot Logic. Try creating a new project and test--as a new project in Logic will start from the default settings. If the problem continues in this case, you may want to contact Apple's Logic support so that they can troubleshoot the issue within their software.

We hope this helps.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Logic Pro 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:30 PM

9 replies

Feb 12, 2016 9:25 AM in response to erickson

Set the DIRECT MONITOR switch on the back to MONO and then test.

- If audio is still coming out of only the left speaker, then swap the left and right output cables connected to the DUO-CAPTURE EX'S outputs. If audio is then still only coming out of the left speaker, then there is an issue either the audio cable physically connected to the right speaker or there is an issue with the right speaker itself (such as the speaker's own volume is down or it's not connected correctly).

So when you did this part of the test.. did you only get audio from one speaker or both?

No stereo output with M-Audio AV32

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.