Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

two thunderbolt connections

I have a 2012 model MBP. just got a g-drive with thunderbolt and i also have a Monitor that use in that thunderbolt. Is there a Splitter Splitter or anyway I can use both.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 8:15 PM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2016 9:43 PM in response to GFolkS95

I've done some looking and can't find anything but two-port "for pass through daisy chaining" Thunderbolt devices. I'm more than a little astonished that the market hasn't provided a multiport Thunderbolt "hub". Many FireWire drives had two ports so they could be daisy chained, as did FireWire's predecessor, SCSI. That does not seem to be the case for Thunderbolt. Which means that for many people it's a bad investment.

If I hear of a three-port Thunderbolt device (that's not a terrifically expensive Apple monitor) I'll try to post back. But it may be that the architecture of Thunderbolt doesn't support a "hub". (I don't remember there ever being FireWire hubs, and Thunderbolt is, I think, an extension of FireWire.)

Good luck.

- Winston

two thunderbolt connections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.