Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FYI: Motu updated drivers...

http://www.motu.com/download

Now fully tested/compatible with EL Capitan.

I will be putting my Motu Micro Lite [ver.1.6.68717] through the paces in the next coming days. Will report back any negative findings.

The Art of Sound please update the page when you get the chance. THX.

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), Logic Pro X 10.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:42 PM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2016 8:56 AM in response to shtunot

Hi shtunot,

You beat me to it 🙂

I have been testing the v1.6.68717 | Feb. 11, 2016 version of the Audio drivers.. with their Ultralites and so far no issues at all. I'm also hearing positive reports from 828 owners.

The AVB range of products already worked with 10.11.x

I have therefore updated the Compatibility User Tip page.... to reflect this information

El Capitan 10.11.3 / Logic Pro X 10.2.1 Compatibility information

Cheers..

Nigel

Feb 13, 2016 9:16 PM in response to maryfromchardon

maryfromchardon wrote:

I just installed the MOTU update on El Capitan and my MOTU Microbook II (older version than the current Microbook Iic) is not working. The device is not being recognized when I used the setup app.

Try the following... in exactly this order and including all steps as described.

Shut down Mac

Unplug Micro

Power up Mac

Remove all entries regarding Micro from OS X's Audio/Midi Setup application

Uninstall all Motu drivers... via the new installer... (The latest v1.6.68717 | Feb. 11, 2016 ones)

Restart Mac

Install Motu's Audio Drivers..

If during installation of the drivers it doesn't ask you to plug in Micro then....

Shut down Mac..

Plug in Micro

Power Up Mac again and test... to see if Logic sees the interface...

Normally this method seems to work well for such issues....

However,

Failing this, contact Motu directly and ask for their assistance.. (They are usually pretty good at troubleshooting any issues)

http://www.motu.com/techsupport

Feb 14, 2016 9:16 AM in response to shtunot

Thank you ! Before I saw this, I tried a number of things, including ensuring that that latest hardware update was installed and also that my MAC acknowledged the USB connection from the MOTU Microbook II. The set-up app did show the correct ID for the new driver, but even after the device started working, the setup app continued to put out the message that the hardware was not being recognized.

Interestingly, from either the shutdowns and reboots or the other actions that I took (noted above), the audio started to work. Magic !

I have a strong technical background and did find the MOTU website very difficult to navigate and use for trouble shooting this issue. There should be sections dedicated to each product line (all models unless abandoned) with consistent information about what to do and how to do it as operating systems change and audio software evolves. The download pages did not provide adequate detail to know whether or not they applied to the issue at hand. I found multiple places where the information to troubleshoot this problem were in different places. Well, I know how technicians think....in the moment....one problem at a time. A user interface (UX) consultant might be a good investment for MOTU as you continue to evolve your website presentation to your user community.

If I did not understand my platform as well as I do, it would have been much more difficult to solve these issues. Glad that the technical support team did address the updates needed to support El Capitan, but it would have been even more effective to provide software to check the updated platform for the necessary details and issue a report on possible problems. The Audio Set-Up app is really poorly designed for this purpose.

Thanks for the prompt reply above. I appreciated that someone was on deck !!

-maryfromchardon

Feb 14, 2016 10:24 AM in response to maryfromchardon

A user interface (UX) consultant might be a good investment for MOTU as you continue to evolve your website presentation to your user community.

Note:

There is no one from Motu (nor Apple for that matter) present here.. We are all just Logic users like yourself...

I would therefore suggest you address your comments to Motu directly.... and see what their responses might be...

Additional:

The method I posted above is the standard method for dealing with USB devices that are not properly recognized by OS X or Windows... Its not specific to Motu or their devices as such... I should also say I avoid using any and all USB Audio devices because of the known issues that USB can have/cause at times... especially after updates and upgrades to OS X/Win and apps... or hardware.

I stick with Firewire and more recently Thunderbolt connected devices these days... and rarely if ever have any issues at all... with any of my main working rigs or testbed systems i keep here in the studio.

Anyhow, glad you are back up and running.. and thanks for letting us know 🙂

Cheers..

Nigel

FYI: Motu updated drivers...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.