Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone drained so fast?

Hi,

This is about my iPhone's battery. Before I went to sleep lastnight it has 100% battery percentage and when I woke up this morning the battery has only 80%. I am wondering why my battery drained so fast that it was in the standby mode. One more thing is that the standby mode and usage time is almost the same (usage time 12hr,48 minutes and standby 13 hr, 10 minutes). My phone is just new. I just bought it lastweeek but this never happened for the past few days it's just today.

*Lastnight I was using snapchat, instagram, facebook and facebook messenger. It went below 20% so I charged it. And I haven't used it after it was fully charged.

iPhone 6s 64gb

ios 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:11 PM

4 replies

Feb 11, 2016 10:50 PM in response to whiteangel023

Probably apps running in the background are causing this, sometimes Mail get's stuck connecting to the mail server, or some social media app like Facebook can also be a reason for prolonged background activity.

Try to force restart the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by doing that, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not help, setting it up as new device would be the next step:

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Maybe also take a look at this page about battery drainage

Why does my iPhone drained so fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.