Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my old pictures without a backup file?

My laptop was recently stolen so all of the backup files I created are gone. Before my laptop had been stolen I bought an iPhone 6 but I did not transfer the pictures from my old iPhone 5 onto the new phone because I knew they were on the computer. Now that my old computer is gone I don't know a way to recover all of my old pictures. I was wondering if anyone new a way to recover all of the pictures I had taken on my old phone even though I do not have the old backup files.

P.S.

I restored my iPhone 5 on my old computer so the pictures are not on the old phone either.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:27 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 6:56 AM in response to Jordan_Jones

Unfortunately if you don't have a cloud backup of those files then they are gone. You can check your iCloud by going to https://www.icloud.com/ but if they aren't there then they are gone. You should consider a backup solution for your computer not only for photos but for all your files. There are many companies out there that offer free or low-cost backup options.

How do I recover my old pictures without a backup file?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.