Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment details on free app download?

Hi Hello,

I can considered myself as a first time apple user using the iphone5s. My question here is, i dont know somehow after the IOS update 9.2.1, everytime i want to download a free apps, the phone requires me to update the payment details as if im going to pay for it or something like that (infact i still have my itunes credit)

and after all, it says that my zip code doesnt match with my address something like that. -.-

to be exact " Verification Required - Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to verify your payment info"

Please help. 😟

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.2.1, application download

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 11:36 AM in response to Nana_Noraini

If you have a card on your account then it's details have to be complete and the card valid, that applies whether you are buying something or just downloading free items.

For the error message : If your credit card company's records don't match your records in the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Have you tried just logging into the account (e.g. tap on your id in Settings > iTunes & App Store and tap 'view apple id' on the popup), selecting 'none', exiting the payment details screen, and entering the card's details from scratch ?

payment details on free app download?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.