Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photo viewer similar to ArcSoft Photo+

I found what I believe to be the perfect image viewer: ArcSoft's Photo+.

I've been using it as a trial for about week now and it does everything I'd expect a basic image viewer to do:

You launch it on whichever image happens to be selected and can scroll through all images in the folder via the arrow keys, without needing to do CMD-A to select all. It's easy to zoom between fitted and 100% states. It scrolls between images very fast. 90 degree rotation is easy. You can delete images on the fly. It doesn't create it's own database/library; it just provides an immediate slideshow of all pictures in the current folder.

Unfortunately it looks like ArcSoft doesn't support this application anymore. I'd be happy to buy it to get a registration key but the website doesn't seem to let you buy it!

That said, can anyone recommend an image viewer similar to Photo+ and/or which works like I described above?

I've tried the following so far, which fail for the following reasons:

Adobe LR - This is what I use for managing my photo library and most editing. It's great for those purposes, but too slow when I just want to view a slideshow of pictures.

Google Picasa: creates a database as far as I can tell; doesn't zoom to true 100%.

Preview.app: You shouldn't have to explicitly select all pictures to view. When you open 1 image in the app, it should assume that you might want to jump to the next/previous images. The filmstrip/sidebar should auto hide/unhide. Can't delete pictures on the fly. "Actual Size" zoom is not actually size, it's something like 200%. (Picasa behaved the same.) Very poor.

Xee: Felt way too much like Preview.app.

Photos: creates a library.

That all said, does anyone have a favorite photo viewing app they care to recommend?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:07 PM

There are no replies.

photo viewer similar to ArcSoft Photo+

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.