Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I brought an iBook and my account was charged but the book still says I need to pay for it

I Brought an iBook and my account was charged for the purchase but it isn't in my library and when i search the book in the store it still says I need to purchase it? I don't understand how this works since ive already paid for the book, anyone else had this issue?

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 12:02 AM

6 replies

Feb 12, 2016 11:56 AM in response to brookelouisex

When did you buy the book, and is it the same version of the book that is still in the store (e.g. the publisher/rights-holder hasn't removed and replaced it) ? The book shows on your account's purchase history (See your purchase history in the iTunes Store on a Mac or PC - Apple Support), it's not just temporary store holding charge ? If it does show on your purchase history then does it show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app ?

Feb 12, 2016 12:25 PM in response to King_Penguin

I bought the book yesterday it gets 3/4 of the way downloaded IF i download the sample first and then it disappeses from my Library, when i search it again it says I still need to buy it, it also won't let me download any other books or free ones. when I try and download without downloading the sample first it shows up in my library greyed out and then disappears after about 10 seconds. I've tried it on my iPhone too and it does the same thing, I've plugged my iPad into the computer and synced all my books and it still isnt there. But my account has been charged along with two other books I also purchased yesterday.

Feb 12, 2016 12:36 PM in response to brookelouisex

As well as not showing on your purchase history, they dot show on http://reportaproblem.apple.com and you have you received an email receipt for them ? The charges aren't temporary store holding charges : About payment card authorization holds in the iTunes Store - Apple Support ?

Are the books downloaded in your computer's iTunes (iBooks if using an up-to-date Mac) library for it to be able to sync them to the iPad ?

Feb 12, 2016 1:33 PM in response to brookelouisex

If you've had an emailed receipt from iTunes then the book should show on both place (the 'report a problem' site and iTunes purchase history) - and it should, unless hidden (Hide and unhide purchases in iTunes or iBooks on your Mac or PC - Apple Support) or removed from the store (or you've moved countries since buying it), show in the Purchased tab in the iBooks app for downloading

I brought an iBook and my account was charged but the book still says I need to pay for it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.