Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having saved colour palettes and CMYK values in the colour picker, how do I add the Pages 5.6.1 colour picker to my MAC system directory (OS 10.10.5), so it will work with other programs e.g. Word? I have seen it done way back with Tiger OS.

Having saved colour palettes and CMYK values in the colour picker, how do I add the Pages 5.6.1 colour picker to my MAC system directory (OS 10.10.5), so it will work with other programs e.g. Word? I have seen it done way back with Tiger OS.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 9:56 PM

4 replies

Feb 12, 2016 3:06 AM in response to archiescat

What do you want to replicate from El Capitan to Yosemite?

1. The file containing all of the stored color swatches from the Apple color picker?
  2. The color picker itself?
  3. Both?

Item 1 is a simple one-file transfer.

1. From the Finder, press the shift+command+G keys to Go to Folder. Copy/Paste the following into that dialog:
    ~/Library/Colors
  2. The file that has your stored color swatches is: NSColorPanelSwatches.plist
    1. On Yosemite, quit Word, Pages, and other applications that use the Apple Color Picker
    2. Repeat step 1 on your Yosemite machine
    3. Rename (do not delete) the existing Yosemite NSColorPanelSwatches.plist to NSColorPanelSwatches.plist.old
    4. Copy the El Capitan color swatch file into this Yosemite file location
  3. Launch the application(s) that use the Apple color picker to see the El Capitan sourced color swatches.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.