Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

red blinking light when turned on but green when charing

The title says it all

I have an ipPd shuffle 2nd Gen, I recently restored it and put my own music on from my iTunes (windows 10). iTunes says everything is ok like it should be but when i plug in some headphones and turn it on to play music the light blinks red. When i plug it into charge the light indicates green which means 30% - 100%

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

iPod shuffle, Windows 10, 2nd Generation iPod Shuffle

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 12:04 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 12:34 AM in response to Fizzylemonade

Actually, the meaning of green for the light is different, when the iPod is connected and disconnected. When playing the shuffle, "green which means 30% - 100%" battery charge is probably accurate. But when the shuffle is connected to power, solid orange means it's currently charging (does not indicate level of charge). Solid green means it's fully charged (does not become green until charging stops). And blinking orange just means "do not disconnect" (eject before disconnecting) and is not related to the battery at all.

Therefore, solid green when connected to power means OK to disconnect, and the battery is considered fully charged (because it is no longer charging). However, if the light is red immediately after disconnecting (when playing the shuffle), that probably means the shuffle's battery is worn out and not holding a charge after disconnecting from power.

red blinking light when turned on but green when charing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.