Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I forgot my system lock pin code on my mini mac. What are my options on how to resolve this?

I downloaded a newer version of mac os x. Once is rebooted it's asking me for my system lock pin code. I forgot it and cant find it. What can I do to

by pass this???

Mac mini

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 8:32 AM

Hello there, azhoago1.

It sounds like you are seeing a request for a PIN Code when restarting your mac after an OS X update. The following Knowledge Base article explains what that password is and what needs to be done to proceed:

About the screens you see when your Mac starts up

PIN code

User uploaded file

If you lock your Mac using Find My Mac, your screen shows a four or six digit lock screen at startup. Your Mac doesn't continue starting up until you enter the code that you set.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities..

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2016 8:32 AM in response to azhoago1

Hello there, azhoago1.

It sounds like you are seeing a request for a PIN Code when restarting your mac after an OS X update. The following Knowledge Base article explains what that password is and what needs to be done to proceed:

About the screens you see when your Mac starts up

PIN code

User uploaded file

If you lock your Mac using Find My Mac, your screen shows a four or six digit lock screen at startup. Your Mac doesn't continue starting up until you enter the code that you set.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities..

Cheers.

I forgot my system lock pin code on my mini mac. What are my options on how to resolve this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.