Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

after activating second phone now sharing text

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1, new phone activated 5s also 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 1:02 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 10:00 AM in response to 50TLima

Hey 50TLima,
I understand that you are getting messages on both iPhones that you have activated. It sounds to me that you are using iMessage and it has your Apple ID linked to both. This is why your messages would show up on both places. Take a look at the article below and pay attention to the section that I have outlined below to get this sorted.
Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201349

Unlink your phone number associated with your Apple ID

To unlink your phone number, remove your Apple ID from iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone. Follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Messages > Send & Receive. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.
  2. Go to Settings > FaceTime. Tap your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

This should remove your phone number from other devices using the same Apple ID with iMessage and FaceTime. If the phone number is still available on your other devices after you sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on your iPhone, you might need to sign out of iMessage and FaceTime on all of your devices.

If you don’t have the iPhone with the number you want to remove, reset your Apple ID password.

Take it easy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.