Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth hardware defect?

Hi all. I've recently bought a new pair of Bluetooth earphones and have been trying to use them on my iPhone 6 (now running 9.3 but I was using them under 9.2 as well). I repeatedly lose the right audio channel while listening to music via Spotify or the native music player. It generally starts about five minutes after turning music on and gets progressively worse until the right channel drops altogether. Left channel appears unaffected. I've used the same headphones on a different iPhone (also a 6, running 9.2.1) and there is no drop-out. So I'm convinced this is a Bluetooth hardware issue in the phone. Does anyone have any other possible solutions, or if not, is the BT chip something that can be swapped out?

Thanks

Ed.

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 10:44 PM

1 reply

Feb 11, 2016 10:57 PM in response to roydburn

Sorry, but using beta software on your device makes it hard to determine if the problem is software related or not.

Follow the instructions to install the official iOS version again and get the device checked by Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

They can tell you more about your repair options after testing your phone, not all hardware components can or will be replaced if there are hardware issues.

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

Bluetooth hardware defect?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.