Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to watch an avi format film, I already have the VLC and it doenst play the film. What should I do?

I need to watch an avi format film, I already have the VLC and it doenst play the film. What should I do?

Posted on Feb 11, 2016 11:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 2:26 PM in response to Ann VaDE

Hi Ann VaDE,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having this issue with playback of this film. You may want to try playing it back in QuickTime Player (located by default in your Applications folder), as AVI is generally a supported format in QuickTime to a degree, as noted below:

Final Cut Pro 7 User Manual: Formats Supported by QuickTime

Be aware, though, that if the file does not play in either VLC or QuickTime Player, it may not be an issue with the format; it may be that the file itself is either in a different format/codec than it appears, or the file may be unusable. You may want to see if other AVI files will play in VLC and/or QuickTime in order to help isolate the issue.

Regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.