Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

favorite places on the map

Hi

Using my map i discovered that all my favorite places, that I previously marked from all over the world, have disappeared. And the function seems no longer available. How do I reconstruct my old favorite places?

Thanks

Mikkel

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 12:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2016 3:53 AM

Hello there, mikkelwold.

It sounds like you're Favorite Places in Maps have disappeared and you want to know if the feature is no longer available. The following link to the online iPhone User Guide shows how to locate and add a Favorite in the Maps App which may help in reconstructing your Favorites:

Find places - iPhone User Guide

Search for a location. Tap the search field. You can search for a location in different ways. For example:

• Intersection (“8th and Market”)

• Area (“Greenwich Village”)

• Landmark (“Guggenheim”)

• Zip code

• Business (“movies,” “restaurants San Francisco CA,” “Apple Inc New York”)

Maps may also list recent locations, searches, or directions that you can choose from.

Find a favorite location. Tap the search field, tap Favorites, then tap Favorites.

Find the location of a contact. Tap the search field, tap Favorites, tap Contacts, then tap the name of a contact.

Choose your view. Tap User uploaded file, then choose Map, Transit, or Satellite.

If transit information is unavailable, tap View Routing Apps to use an app for public or other modes of transportation. (Not available on iPhone 4s.)

Mark a location. Touch and hold the map until a dropped pin appears.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2016 3:53 AM in response to mikkelwold

Hello there, mikkelwold.

It sounds like you're Favorite Places in Maps have disappeared and you want to know if the feature is no longer available. The following link to the online iPhone User Guide shows how to locate and add a Favorite in the Maps App which may help in reconstructing your Favorites:

Find places - iPhone User Guide

Search for a location. Tap the search field. You can search for a location in different ways. For example:

• Intersection (“8th and Market”)

• Area (“Greenwich Village”)

• Landmark (“Guggenheim”)

• Zip code

• Business (“movies,” “restaurants San Francisco CA,” “Apple Inc New York”)

Maps may also list recent locations, searches, or directions that you can choose from.

Find a favorite location. Tap the search field, tap Favorites, then tap Favorites.

Find the location of a contact. Tap the search field, tap Favorites, tap Contacts, then tap the name of a contact.

Choose your view. Tap User uploaded file, then choose Map, Transit, or Satellite.

If transit information is unavailable, tap View Routing Apps to use an app for public or other modes of transportation. (Not available on iPhone 4s.)

Mark a location. Touch and hold the map until a dropped pin appears.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Kind Regards.

Feb 15, 2016 3:57 AM in response to pedro d

Hi Pedro,thanks a lot,

By pressing the search area and holding my finger there, favorites come forward, incl my saved favorites.

If anyone on Denmark should face the same problem (phoning the place, i bought the phone they said, that they had experienced the problem before), here is the explanation in danish.

br Mikkel

Find en yndlingslokalitet. Tryk på søgefeltet, tryk på Favoritter, og tryk derefter på Favoritter.

favorite places on the map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.