Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pasar la fototeca a disco externo

Hello I wold like to move my photo library to an external disk. Could you please help me?

Best regards.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), iOS 9.2.1, Photos

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:58 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 3:07 AM in response to burdalo

Make sure, that the drive has a compatible file system - it should be MacOS Extended (Journaled). You can see the file system of the drive, if you open the Info panel. Select the drive in the Finder and enter⌘I. The format will be shown in the General section of the info panel. The drive must not be used by Time Machine.

Quit Photos. Then drag the Photos Library from your Pictures folder to the external drive. After the the library has been copied over, double-click it to open it in Photos. Test it thoroughly and once you are satisfied that all is working well, you can delete the library from the internal drive.

Are you using iCloud Photo Library?

pasar la fototeca a disco externo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.