Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen damage. near tears.

Okay so I literally just bought a brand new MacBook (12-in/ Retina Display/ OS X El Capitan 10.11),

and a week ago, my friend DROPPED it.

Jesus.

I thought the damage was the following:

Bent corner

couple of keys get stuck near that corner (esc, tab, etc.),

couple of scratches.

But turns out, this morning I realized that the bottom left corner of the LCD screen is blacked out, with a ring of pastel colors.

I'm freakin out because I didn't notice it earlier, and I'm worried that it'll keep growing until my entire screen is damaged. Can that happen?

Is it expensive to replace the screen? There's no info since this model is so new.

😟

Don't let your friends hold your new laptops.

MacBook, OS X El Capitan (10.11), Retina Display

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:00 AM

2 replies

Feb 13, 2016 2:26 AM in response to melissad12

Depending on your location, your official Apple Store would be your first place to go.

If there are no official Apple owned retail Stores in your area and you bought from

an independent authorized Apple reseller who may also be a service provider, that

also is a viable source of estimates and basic testing. There may be internal damage

to the logic board and other sections.

The repair involves replacement of damaged and broken internal pieces; to restore to

the former 'new' status, as mentioned, will not be cheap. Your 'friend' should consider

purchasing that unit at retail price; considering, the cost of an education is going up...😐

Screen damage. near tears.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.