Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp Assistant does not prompt to create Windows ISO

Dear all.

I have a new MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) with El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D21) installed and fully updated. I'm trying to use Boot Camp to install Windows 10, how ever when I load Boot Camp, it goes to the partition disk option and asks me where is the ISO file, but it never gives me the option to create a Windows ISO on my USB like the older versions of Boot Camp did.

Not sure what Im doing wrong here, but even with the version that I have it doesn't recognise any of my ISO files even tho they have been downloaded from the Microsoft MSDN website as when I click on continue after pointing it to the ISO file, I get an error message saying "Boot Camp only supports 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation on this platform. Please use an ISO file for 64-bit Windows 8 or later installation." I get this regardless what I try or do.

My boot Camp version is Version 6.0.1 (522)

Boot Camp-OTHER, Boot Camp

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:58 AM

10 replies

Feb 12, 2016 4:14 AM in response to Lexiepex

I have done that, as you can see I mentioned that I have pointed it to the downloaded ISO from MSDN and to the ISO USB flashdick I created. but it wont let me go past that point, I also re downloaded the file to make sure it wasn't corrupted.

I also had a look at some videos on youtube about people installing Windows from boot Camp, it clearly shows there are a few steps before you get tot he partition option that I don't see with my version of boot camp.

Boot Camp Assistant does not prompt to create Windows ISO

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.