Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Book Pro getting **** emails how to get rid of those emails ?

Ok never ever I have ever got these emails , got one and also never any junk mail , any help with getting rid of these , I did move them to the junk and then delete . Is there anyway to update the Mail program ?

Run a program to check for malware ?

Mac Book Pro : OSX 10.9.5

Thanks everyone .

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:13 AM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2016 5:24 PM in response to tiplernorth

You could also change your email service. Some email service providers have better server side spam mail filters.

If you have the same email address long enough, eventually your email address leaks into the hands of a spam mailing list. Then the spam emailers sell their list to other spammers.

I once had an email address that was quiet, until it got on a spam email list, and after that I started to get 1,000's of spam emails a day. I was forced to set up a spam filter for the first time in my life.

eventually, I changed both email service providers and my email address. The old address is dead now, so it is useless to the spammers. The new email service provider (Google gmail in my case) has keep the spam level to maybe a few spam emails getting caught per week, and only once every few months does a spam actually make it into my inbox (the others few go into a spam folder for review).

Mac Book Pro getting **** emails how to get rid of those emails ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.