Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

garageband

good day noobie on MacBook pro -

musician using garageband having used it a lot on ipad air. question is... on ipad air I downloaded a lot of music apps like soft synths, korg products

roland and guitar effect apps. Is there a way I can plug my ipad into my MacBook and use the apps on the ipad to record onto garageband MacBook???

just a shame you cant get same apps on a MacBook pro.

also is there a way to pitch the loops on garageband. if I have a bass loop in C and I need it pitched down to A and F - is there a way this can be done or do I need to set up one loop on three tracks all pitched differently and then cut up ??

apologies if my questions trigger a "***" response but would appreciate your learned assistance.

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:56 AM

I don't use the other iPad apps, so I cannot be sure. But GarageBand on the iPad can record from your other iPad apps, if they are using audiobus.

Then transfer the GarageBand iOS project to your Mac by sharing the song to iTunes as a song and not as an audio file. On your Mac import it from iTunes to GarageBand on Mac.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 4:56 AM in response to Stevenoobie

I don't use the other iPad apps, so I cannot be sure. But GarageBand on the iPad can record from your other iPad apps, if they are using audiobus.

Then transfer the GarageBand iOS project to your Mac by sharing the song to iTunes as a song and not as an audio file. On your Mac import it from iTunes to GarageBand on Mac.

garageband

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.