Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone screen goes black??

What really worries me is that this iPhone is new. Well my previous iPhone got water damaged and it's warranty hasn't expired so I used it. I paid 300€ and they gave me a new one. now after about three weeks of owning my new device the screen goes black suddenly, but the phone still works, I get messages, calls notifications and I can lock/unlock it while the screen is dead. The home/lock button restart solves this for a while but then the problem will appear again. Also after I try this the apple logo does not appear so that is a bad sign... I was wondering if I could sent it back to warranty (they told me the new phone has 2 New Years of warranty) and if they could fix it free of charge? Do you think it will be free? because I didn't drop the phone and it isn't water damaged cause I checked the little indicator. I believe they gave me a flawed phone. Whether it happened accidentally or all the phone that come from warranty are flawed I don't know but I want this fixed and I don't want to spend money again...

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 2:54 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 11:04 AM in response to 234568

Hi 234568,

You state that your replacement iPhone is about three weeks old and that nothing has happened to void any warranty.

Given that, please see AppleCare Direct Mail-In Repair Service

SERVICE WARRANTY

Apple provides a 90-day warranty on repair service. This means that if within 90 days of service, a defect arises in the service parts used, Apple will service your product again at no charge. You may have longer warranty coverage if your product is still covered under its original warranty or an extended service contract. Please review the terms of your warranty, extended service contract, or the Repair Terms and Conditions for details.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

My iPhone screen goes black??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.