Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Touch ID of iPhone 6 Plus is not setting up.

I cannot get the touch ID feature to work on my iPhone 6 Plus. During the setup of the touch ID it immediately fails and never allows me to place my finger on the sensor to capture my finger print. Attached is the image of what is happening when I start the process of touch ID setup. The first picture shows the initial setup screen, which only briefly displays (less than a half second). The second picture appears next.

The story behind this it that due to accidental drop the screen got damaged and i had to replace the screen only and I had not touched the home button. The Home button is working fine even with the new screen except for the Touch ID which fails to setup. Any ideas on why it is not setting up?

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:21 AM

5 replies

Feb 13, 2016 12:13 PM in response to k007pk

Hey k007pk,
Sorry to hear that you are unable to setup your iPhone. The reason you are unable to setup your iPhone is that it detects that the Touch ID is not passing the integrity check. This can be attributed to the screen replacement for your iPhone. To get passed this, the best thing to do is to contact Apple Support. More information on this is outlined in the article below.
If you see error 53 or can‘t update or restore your iPhone or iPad
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205628

Take it easy

Feb 17, 2016 8:22 AM in response to norm123

Hey norm123,

Thanks for the input. I appreciate your help. But the problem with my phone is that it is not setting the Touch ID only. Rest my phone is working fine and it has no other problem. It is connecting to iTunes properly and working fine. Only I can't unlock my phone with Touch ID and other transactions enabled through Touch ID.

Anyway thanks for your Input.

Feb 17, 2016 8:27 AM in response to k007pk

It has to do with what norm123 said. You changed the screen, not Apple, which is causing the device not to meet the integrity check. Only Apple can replace the parts and reconfigure to ensure they pass. Unfortunately, unauthorized opening of the device and change of the screen will have voided your warranty and post-warranty support from Apple. If you attempt to update the iOS on that device, you will encounter the error 53 norm123 describes and it will brick your device. I suggest you attempt to contact Apple support to see what they say, or make a Genius Bar appointment to have the device examined. They can provide you with your options.

Feb 20, 2016 7:27 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Hi ChrisJ4203,

I attempted to contact Apple support at the Authorised Service Centre. But they outrightly denied to offer any solution to the problem because of third party intervention in repairing the device. In the meanwhile I came to know about the new patch on the iOS 9.2.1 that

allows the Bricked iPhones due to error 53 to be restored. My device is not bricked as yet but I am afraid if this update will restore my Touch ID setup.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205628

The Touch ID of iPhone 6 Plus is not setting up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.