Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PCIe slot iMac late 2012??

How can i know if i have a PCIe slot on my iMac late 2012 27" mode id iMac13,2? I want to add a SSD instead of replacing the HDD.

If i go to Hardware: PCI ; "This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected, a PCI card or device, make sure they’re properly installed."

Does these mean that i have a SSD slot (PCIe) but there is no PCI card installed?

Thank you.

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1), null

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 4:16 AM

Pcle is another type of connection as Sata. Pcle is faster. But Sata3 is very fast too.

There are two 6Gbps (SATA) internal slots in your mac, one is used for your startup disk, there is no Pcle slot at all....

So your mission will be even cheaper, you need a Sata3 (6Gbps) SSD in the slot that is free.

Important: do not mess around when you have the "FusionDrive" system before researching the implications.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2016 4:16 AM in response to Digidezz

Pcle is another type of connection as Sata. Pcle is faster. But Sata3 is very fast too.

There are two 6Gbps (SATA) internal slots in your mac, one is used for your startup disk, there is no Pcle slot at all....

So your mission will be even cheaper, you need a Sata3 (6Gbps) SSD in the slot that is free.

Important: do not mess around when you have the "FusionDrive" system before researching the implications.

PCIe slot iMac late 2012??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.