Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote app will no longer connect states that its the wrong version

When I try to connect the Logic Remote to Logic on my MacBook Pro it no longer connects and says its the wrong version. There are no updates available for Logic or the Remote Control app. I tried bluetooth and wifi to connect, same issue.

Is there a new version coming out or some way to remove the version checking?

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 5:05 AM

7 replies

Feb 12, 2016 11:22 AM in response to GhettoTech

There are users who have thought they updated to 10.2.1 but the update didn't 'take'..... and when they actually looked at the About Logic Pro X window or Finder's get info dialog box... they were still on 10.2.

This happens because either, they have another copy of the LPX app on their system somewhere and its that one that got updated... or they renamed the app... or the update corrupted...

To fix that, simply delete the LPX app in your applications folder.., empty trash and restart your Mac... (Do all these steps)

Then go to the Purchase tab in the Mac App Store and download/install LPX again... That will then correctly download the latest version... to the applications folder. Make a new dock icon from that application and location.

Feb 16, 2016 5:53 PM in response to GhettoTech

GhettoTech wrote:

Thanks for the help. I didn't realize there as a new IOS update.

That would explain it 🙂

GhettoTech wrote:

I wish the message in Logic was more descriptive.

I must admit I have never seen that message but if all it said was you have the wrong version, then yes, it should be clearer as to what needs updating...

You may wish to post a bit of feedback about that here...

https://www.apple.com/feedback/logic-pro.html

Anyhow, glad you are up and running now...

Cheers..

Nigel

remote app will no longer connect states that its the wrong version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.