Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why doesn't some of my music sync to iphone?

When I sync my iphone, 69 songs that are on my itunes do not sync. I can play them on my computer. I generally use smart playlists and thought it might be an issue with that, but I made a manual playlist of those 69 songs and synced that to my phone, but only 1 of the songs appeared on the phone.

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 5:09 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 12:36 PM in response to lsgknits

Hi lsgknits,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPhone and iTunes. If you are having issues with specific content not syncing, you may want to double-check that none of the following options are selected:

Keep items from being automatically synced

If there are some items you never want synced (for example, if they’re too big to fit on your device), you can keep them from being synced.

You can also turn off automatic syncing for music, movies, and TV shows. You must do this if you want to sync iPod classic, iPod nano, or iPod shuffle with more than one iTunes library, or automatically fill your device with songs using Autofill (see the next task, below).

1. Connect your device to your computer.

2. Click the device button, then click Summary.

User uploaded file

3. Do any of the following:

• Keep individual items from being synced: Select “Sync only checked [items].” Then, deselect the checkbox next to any items in your iTunes library that you don’t want synced.

• Turn off automatic syncing for music, movies, and TV shows: Select “Manually manage music and videos.”

4. Click Apply.

iTunes 12 for Windows: Sync iPod, iPhone, or iPad

You may also want to see if you are able to manually sync those specific items:

Move content from iTunes on your computer to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

Why doesn't some of my music sync to iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.