Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages

Hello

I have a document that I created in pages '09 that contains text and photos that are grouped together.

I want to include this document as a section within a new document. I couldn't find a way to just insert this file into the new document so tried to copy and paste. However, when I copy and paste into my new document,only the text appears. I can then copy the grouped items and paste across, but then I don't seem to be able to manipulate the grouped photos on the page; it just stays on the left hand margin.

Many thanks for your help

iMac, Operating System 10.6.8

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 6:09 AM

3 replies

Feb 12, 2016 7:28 AM in response to bumpydave

Sorry, misread your post. In a new Pages '09 document, with object selected, open the Wrap Inspector, and where it shows Object Causes Wrap, uncheck that while moving your object about. I previously gave you instructions for Pages v5.

When you paste a PDF page into the document, it will be smaller than the original. With the PDF object selected in Pages '09, open the Metrics Inspector, select constrain proportions, and then click Original Size. I would work with inserted PDF while in Layout mode so that you can see its alignment to the page.

Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.