Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Message app is no longer receiving new texts.

I know people are sending me text messages. I can receive them on my iPhone. But on my iPad it's been over two weeks since I received a text and no new ones are coming in. I have looked into my settings, but I find nothing unusual.

iPad, iOS 7.0.4, NA

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 6:18 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 1:55 PM in response to Jimbo3rd

Hi Jimbo3rd,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPad. If you are talking about actual text messages (SMS/MMS) and not iMessage messages, you may want to make sure that your phone number and your Apple ID are still correctly linked, as outlined in this article:

Link your iPhone number and Apple ID to use iMessage and FaceTime - Apple Support

If you are having issues with Messages on your iPad in general, then this article may be more useful:

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

My Message app is no longer receiving new texts.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.