Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Retina with no 1600x900 resolution option

When i connect my old Macbook Pro from around 2011 to my Philips external monitor the resolution is great when i connect my new macbook pro retina (13in)the picture is blurred and there is no 1600x900 resolution available under system preferences.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 6:48 AM

1 reply

Feb 13, 2016 2:04 PM in response to tompen1

Hey there tompen1,

I see that your new MacBook Pro is not providing the desired output when connected to your external monitor. You may want to try detecting the display when your new computer is connected to it using the information in this article:

Detect your display

If you're using an external display, sleep and wake your Mac to make it check for connected displays:

1. Press the power button on your computer to put it to sleep, or choose Apple menu > Sleep.
  2. Wait a few moments, then press a key on your keyboard or click your mouse or trackpad to wake your Mac.

If you're using more than one display, and you can see the image on one of the displays, you can also use Displays preferences to check for connected displays.

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Further troubleshooting steps to address the issue can be found in that same article. Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

MacBook Pro Retina with no 1600x900 resolution option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.