Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues with Cellular Data Connectivity

I don't have a question but wanted to POST my Question and Solution to the problem I had and what I went through

1) I had IPhone 6S "Verizon Unlocked Policy" and switched over to straight talk.

2) I used a CDMA SIM to activate my Phone and in few hours Phone was active and not the cellular Data.

3) I constantly used to get messages like " Unable to Connect to Cellular Data Network"

What I did

1) Contacted straight talk and have them checked. All seems to be OK

2) Contacted Apple Support close to 3-4 times and visited store 2 times but no Help

3) Rest network settings, wiped off using restore Iphone backed up 3- 4 times Still the same Issue.

4) I was going NUTS and browsed many pages and pages and followed others who went through my issue. Finally thought of asking a new SIM or downgraded it to 8.0

Good News !!!! How did it Solve:

Figured out by researching many many pages and came to know that Straight talk uses AT and T towers to connect for Data and for Calls uses CDMA network.

Straight talk provides 2 SIM KITs Verizon CDMA and AT and T and T Mobile Kits.

Please use AT and T (GSM) unlocked Nano SIM NOT CDMA SIM.

Activated AT and T SIM and all is working fine.

I went through this from 2 days and what I had to is to simply activate AT and T GSM Sim (Nano) or depending on the phone you have. This will solve your problem for Iphone 6 and above. No need to restore Iphone or go through the pain I went through. I know this post will also help Apple Support execiutives so they can document in their problem resolution instead of asking users to go through Back up or restore and even change the phone.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 6:32 AM

7 replies

Mar 14, 2016 9:54 AM in response to KiltedTim

KiltedTim wrote:

Tazcop wrote:

The straight talk activation kit the original poster is talking about does in fact come with a cdma SIM card as well as 2 GSM cards, one for at&t and one for t-mobile. The cdma card Is for bringing over a Verizon phone that is 4g lte compatible

No. It doesn't, as there is no such thing.

Third time's the charm?

Mar 16, 2016 4:18 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Simply stating that the package that the original poster is talking about is labeled CDMA SIM card, not arguing the validity of it, just saying that it is labeled as such. As I said it is for an LTE compatible phone. Guess I should have said the card "labled" as CDMA is for LTE compatible phones, but as I said just stating that is is packaged and labled that way.

Issues with Cellular Data Connectivity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.