Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mail imports my e-mails when I switch on but then goes off line. It requires my password reentered on connection doctor and stays on line until I switch off. On switching on the whole process is repeated. How do I make my mail stay on line?

My mail imports my e-mails when I switch on but then goes off line. It requires my password reentered on connection doctor and stays on line until I switch off. On switching on the whole process is repeated. How do I make my mail stay on line?

Mail-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2016 2:42 PM

Howdy jsteveh,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your Mac's mailbox is becoming offline at random points. I suggest running the Mail Connection Doctor to help see if there's any issue with your computer contacting the mail server.

Use Mail Connection Doctor

Take care.

3 replies

Feb 14, 2016 8:14 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi alex_h1

I do use Mail Connection Doctor. It does connect me to my mail. I receive and send mail. After switching off my iMac and then switching on again, my e-mails come into mail. Shortly thereafter my Yahoo mail goes offline. I then use Mail Connection Doctor to reconnect to my Yahoo mail and the process rather boringly continues.

Regards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.