Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor Video Quality iMovie 10

How do I make sure my video stays at the same high quality after editing? I dropped movie files into iMovie (.mp4 files) and they look great when scrolling or playing. The second I drop them into the timeline and begin editing, they look like garbage. No matter how I export them, they all look the same. That is the final quality. How can I fix this? I am using iMovie 10.1. Thank you.

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:55 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 11:08 AM in response to Nicole Staib

The quality during editing may look poor because of limited processing power but after exporting (sharing) the quality should be OK.

Since you indicate that the quality is poor even after exporting it is possible your project is set to a lower resolution than your input clips. A project's resolution is set by the first clip put into the timeline. If you think this may be the reason try creating a new project, adding a high resolution clip to the timeline then select all from the old project and copy into the new. That first clip can now be deleted.

Geoff.

Poor Video Quality iMovie 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.