Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emptying trash deleted iCal events

My startup disk was getting full (I was getting alerts) so I emptied the trash on my Mac laptop. However, now I can no longer see any of my iCal events. My calendar is completely empty. I need to recover those events. They were not "trash." I do not use iCloud or Time Machine. Please help!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 7:40 AM

1 reply

Feb 12, 2016 8:04 AM in response to emaches

before proceeding with anything else, Re-Start your Mac and invoke Safe Mode. This does a five-minute Disk First Aid pass, then starts your Mac with very few extensions running, so things like screen re-draw will be slow. Your user-ID an password will be required to proceed, even if you normally auto-login. Look around and see if anything seems badly mixed up.

When you next restart into regular mode, some important system caches will also be rebuilt.

Once you have completed Safe Mode and restarted into Regular Mode, Then you can properly evaluate whether data was actually lost.

Emptying trash deleted iCal events

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.