Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printing emails with Attachments Buggy

Anybody know a GOOD Email Program.

Ever since 10.11.0 printing an email with attachments has been buggy.

I've confirmed this bug with Senior Apple tech.

Sometimes the attached image will print.

Most times the image will get cut off and actually have scroll bars printed like a finder window.

I don't know of any other email program that actually Prints the image of an attachment.

All others will print a file name somewhere.

Four months of waiting for a fix is wearing on me and I'm surprised this Bug is not annoying more people.

More surprised Apple is not fixing it either.

Anybody know a GOOD Email Program that prints the image of an attachment, not just a file name?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.1)

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:10 AM

1 reply

Nov 16, 2016 8:20 AM in response to Mark Barron1

I have got the same problem:

emails with scaleable attachments (images, 1-page pdf ...) print differently depending on the current width of the email-window: if the width is "too small" (to render the attachment without scaling) both the resulting pdf and printout will include a vertical scrollbar and will screw up the layout ... either ending right after such an image or some place later on

it seems those problems are not entirely new, a quick search shows the following:

we should provide feedback about this to apple here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Printing emails with Attachments Buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.