Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone pick up by friend

Hello,

My friend will be in NY the coming week and I would like to order an iphone 6s which he will then go and pick up from a store for me. However I'm not really sure about what requirements there are or what documents to provide for doing this. Can you help me or at least give me an idea where to look for?

Also I will be using the phone in another country, not the US and I need to make sure that the IMEI number will be accepted for warranty purposes (apparently not all devices are eligible outside the US). Is it possible for my friend to talk to people in the apple store while picking up in order to make sure the phone actually meets this warranty criteria?

Cheers.

iPhone 6s, purchase

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:29 AM

5 replies

Feb 12, 2016 8:54 AM in response to rendekarf

rendekarf wrote:

That's not what the customer service here in Turkey told me. It is possible to buy an iphone in the US and use a 1-year warranty in Turkey. Just need to confirm the IMEI number.

Okay.

Very likely you will NOT be able to get it serviced in Turkey if needed.

To pick up the phone, he will need to prove he is you and have a copy of the purchase.

Feb 12, 2016 9:13 AM in response to Chris CA

What do you mean by "will need to prove he is you" when he actually is not me. Not sure I understand.

Also do you mean a copy of the invoice when you say a copy of the purchase? Will an invoice number or copy be enough, together with an id?

On http://www.apple.com/shop/shipping-pickup it says "You can choose to pick up most items at an Apple Store — usually within an hour. If you’d like someone else to pick up your order, just let us know."

Feb 12, 2016 10:09 AM in response to rendekarf

rendekarf wrote:

That's not what the customer service here in Turkey told me. It is possible to buy an iphone in the US and use a 1-year warranty in Turkey. Just need to confirm the IMEI number.

If I recall correctly, you need the IMEI to register the phone in Turkey before you can get service meaning cellular service. The warranty, however, is not international.

Iphone pick up by friend

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.