Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VPP Error 5002

Hi,

I just enrolled in the Business VPP and cannot seem to get my ID setup correctly to make a purchase.

After signing in, I get the message, "This Apple ID has not yet been used with the Volume Purchase Program for Business. Please click Continue to configure this account for use on the Enterprise Store."

I click Continue, and then get error 5002, "An unknown error has occurred".

I've tried this at least a half-dozen times and keep getting the same error.

Help!

Thanks.

VPP-OTHER, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), VPP

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 8:42 AM

6 replies

Feb 16, 2016 1:26 AM in response to NickolajA

I currently have a support ticket under investigation by the VPP support team and would advise us all to to open one to help resolve the issue.

I did mention this thread to them when I opened it to let them know there are a number of users experiencing the issue.

I'll post back with any further information I receive or any resolutions 🙂

Many Thanks

K

Feb 17, 2016 10:17 AM in response to teckler

My account seems to be fully functional today and I was able to complete the setup of my VPP account and complete a transaction.

I did not receive any notification from Apple that my account registration was complete, I just happened to try logging in today and it worked...

Perhaps Apple should change the message from "An unknown error has occurred" to something like, "please wait a few days for us to complete your request".

VPP Error 5002

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.