Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch 6g battery draining

Hi, i bought a ipod touch 6 gen and the first thing i found out about it is that the battery is draining extremely fast I get only 3h of battery on normal usage where as it should last for 8h . the main reason for me buying the ipod 6 is its speed but unfortunately to have that speed the battery life is sacrificed. I found the second issue when i was charging the ipod, as i plug the cable the battery indicator shows a 100% for fraction of a second then goes back to is starting position. iPod 5g last for about 6- 7 h even after a heavy use.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4.1, iPod touch 6 Genaration

Posted on Feb 12, 2016 9:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2017 6:17 PM

Lol my when i charge my ipod when its totally dead it only charges up for 2 mins long until its full then when i remove the charger it last only a minute even if i charge it for a couple of hours :(

3 replies

Feb 13, 2016 6:52 AM in response to Rayan mostwanted

My 6g is exactly the same way. It does not last more than four hours of normal use. Using it heavily, I only get two to three hours. I've seen many posts about how bad the 6g's battery is, so I feel it is a real problem. The battery is way too small for the A8. What was Apple thinking...

Anyway, try disabling Background App Refresh, disable Push email (set to "Fetch" and check for email "Manually"), disable Location Services, and disable Bluetooth when not using it. Always try to have your screen brightness less than 50%. You'll save a lot more battery life.

Ipod touch 6g battery draining

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.